Appropriate ages: K to 1st Grade (3 to 6 year olds)
This amazing program exposes PreK students to the world of robots and machines. Students will learn about gears, pulleys, and belts as they create different projects and learn how to solve problems; think critically and creatively; and communicate their ideas to others.
Our curriculum is based LEGO® Education’s Early Simple Machines program where students get to use gears, pulleys, belts, and other specialized LEGO® DUPLO® bricks to create simple machines that solve some of the simple problems we see around us.
Walk into one of our classes and this is what you would see:
- Students brainstorming and sharing ideas
- Small groups building projects to find a solution to their problem
- Students exploring how simple machines work
Benefits of the program:
- Allows for creative exploration through open-ended play
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.